The cathode material in the lithium-ion battery is the major component, which determines the energy density of the cell. This energy density is measured using cell voltage or cell capacity. The working mechanism of the lithium-ion battery is based on intercalation and deintercalation compounds, where the lithium ions from the cathode are introduced into the anode during the charging of the battery and extracted during discharge of the battery, with a minimal structural change in the anode. The selection of cathode material depends on various factors such as cell voltage, capacity, energy & power capabilities, cycle life, and operating temperature. Various materials are used in the cathode of a lithium-ion battery such as cobalt, manganese, phosphate, nickel cobalt manganese (NCM OR NMC), lithium iron phosphate (LFP), and others.
Enhanced reliability and compatibility of lithium-ion batteries have led to their increase in demand, which in turn fuels the demand for cathode materials. Furthermore, increase in applications of lithium-ion battery has driven the market growth. However, heating of the lithium-ion battery is a major concern, which restrains the market growth. The development of superior lithium-ion batteries with higher capacity and better heat management is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
Download Sample PDF Brochure at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-toc-and-sample/3395
The lithium-ion battery cathode material market is segmented on the basis of type, end user, and geography. By type, the market is categorized into cobalt, manganese, phosphate, nickel cobalt manganese (NCM OR NMC), lithium iron phosphate (LFP), and others. By end user, it is classified into power tools, medical equipment, consumer electronics products, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major player analyzed in this report are NEI Corporation, BASF SE, Long Power Systems (Suzhou) Co., Ltd, Targray Technology International Inc., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd, Nichia Corporation, JFE Chemical Corporation, FUJITSU, and Santoku Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Do Purchase Enquiry at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/3395