Households are the major producers of plastic waste and most of the waste comes from packaging. These wastes are dumped on landfills and few are recycled. Discarded packaging litter is hazardous to the living forms. Thus, increase in environmental concerns has led to the development of photodegradable and biodegradable packaging material.
The major players profiled in this study include Metabolix Inc., BASF SE, Corbion NV (PURAC), Natureworks LLC, Biome Technologies PLC, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp., Plantic Technologies Limited, Bio-On SRL., Meredian Inc., Tianan Biologic Materials Co. Ltd..
Download Sample PDF Brochure at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-toc-and-sample/3572
Photodegradable plastic is made of oil-based polymers, which when exposed to sunlight breaks by weakening of bonds. In addition, it contains a chemical additive, which absorbs light and attacks the polymer and breaks the bonds. Biodegradable plastics are made from oil or from plant-based products that are attacked by bacteria, fungi, or other microorganisms, which help plastics to degrade.
Stringent government regulation to reduce plastic wastes has fueled the demand for biodegradable materials for packaging, thereby driving the market growth. Environmentalists and researchers are developing photodegradable and biodegradable packaging material, which includes polylactic acid (PLA), polybutylene succinate (PBS), PHBV, and others. Increase in investment for R&D activities, particularly in developed economies such as the U.S. and European countries, to develop advanced biopolymers is anticipated to provide new opportunities for the market players. However, ambiguities among the scientists and environmentalists related to the benefits of degradable plastics hampers the market growth.
The global degradable materials market is segmented based on product, degradation method, end user, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is categorized into polylactic acid (PLA), polybutylene succinate (PBS), and PHBV. By degradation method, it is divided into photodegradable and biodegradable. In terms of end user, it is classified into food packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, electronics packaging, and others. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Do Purchase Enquiry at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/3572
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global degradable materials market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the types of degradable materials and its end user.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.